Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Strawberry Flambe Dessert


This delicious dessert recipe was given to me by my beloved aunt Diana. I wish I could cook more often with her. It's inspiring to learn from her artistic, uncomplicated style. Since we don't live in the same city, I love to cook some of her most popular recipes, to cherish and revive the moments we spent together. 

Recipe
Total Time: 15 minutes
Servings: 4

Ingredients
20 strawberries, if too large cut in halves
2 tbsp brown sugar
2 tbsp butter 
1 tsp green peppercorn*
1/2 cup orange juice
2 tbsp brandy, cognac or jerez
4 scoops vanilla ice cream

*This isn't easy to find at a local grocery store. I suggest you to buy the green peppercorn at Amazon.com and have it mail directly to your home

Steps
1. Heat a deep frying pan over high heat
2. Add butter and sugar stirring constantly
3. As soon as butter melts, saute strawberries for a couple of minutes
4. Turn the heat off, pour over the brandy and carefully ignite the liquor using a BBQ lighter
5. Add orange juice and green peppercorn
6. Wait until flames have extinguished and serve over a vanilla ice cream scoop



No comments:

Post a Comment